Friday, January 17, 2014

All In

Today, I was reading All In by Mark Batterson. It's a great book that has really been speaking so much to me. However, today I read the chapter called Rim Huggers. He tells of a story of a time when he went on a trip to hike the rim of the Grand Canyon. As he finishes his 2 day hike he emerges cake in clay, dirt, sweat, and tear only to see people standing on the rim looking out in awe at the Grand Canyon. He said he felt sorry for them. He realized that they probably had some good head knowledge about the grand canyon, probably loved the grand canyon but they had not experienced the grand canyon. That's when I realized something...

I don't want to be a rim hugger. 

I want to enter into the experience and emerge caked in mud, sweat, and tears with every muscle exhausted from work and hear Him say "Well done, my good and faithful servant". What good is a life lived unless you live it the way He wants you to live. In that moment, I realized something else that I hadn't realized....

God had hired wired me for this. 

As I grew up, my natural personality was adventurous. People had ideas and I was the one who carried them out. People had ideas but were nervous or scared and I was the one who pushed all fear aside and said "ok, let's do this".  I was the one who would start implementing and dare to blaze that path that has not yet been gone down. But then things happened in life and I got scared. I began to crave comfort and security and I lost who I was. I went from being extroverted to severely introverted. I shut down that adventurous part of me. 

Well no more! I will be exactly who God has called me to be! Regardless of where it leads. It can lead to Africa, or China, or Las Vegas, or the streets of Tijuana because I know it will lead to the lost, the broken, and the hurting. That's where the battle is and that's where I want to be. 

I will go where He sends me no matter what. Why? Because that is who He made me to be.

Want to read more about the story? Tomorrow I'll let you in on the vision. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. You have always been extraordinary Michelle! I love you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla! I think you're pretty great yourself! :)

      Delete