Wednesday, July 23, 2014

All Things

As time winds down here in Las Vegas, our move to Tijuana is coming up quickly. In just 9 days, we will pull the uhaul out of our driveway and begin our journey to Tijuana, Mexico.  

Accounts have been closed or are now scheduled to close. Most of our belongings are already in Tijuana and we are busy packing the rest. 

Moving to Tijuana to begin a home for kids is a big undertaking. I know the Lord equips us but somehow I feel like an underdog in such a large task. 

Then I decided to watch a movie...Invincible. Have you seen it? It's a football movie and a movie about an underdog. A perfect combination for me and I loved every moment of it. One of the best things I loved about the movie is Vince Papale's motivation. Every game he would look at a note his ex wife had left him that said "you're nothing, you'll never amount to anything" and more...until the day they won their first game. On that day, he decided to tear up the note. He stopped believing he was nothing, tore up the letter, and decided to believe what he knew about himself. 

It would be very easy to believe that I'm not equipped, that we won't have the money, that we should stay in Mexico. But I refuse to believe those things. You see, I have a a big God. I believe in the God of the universe, a victorious God! I have a God who equips! And He loves these kids and for whatever reason He has appointed us to help them. 

So I will enjoy every moment of this underdog story. I will abide in Him who already has this figured out. And I will believe the things He has already written. I will believe in who He is and know that He abides in me! 

Watch out Tijuana! Here we come!

"All things are possible to those who believe" Mark 9:23

No comments:

Post a Comment